18th March 2019 COVID-19
Managing Your Build During This Difficult Time
Nothing is more important to Ascot than the health and safety of our customers, contractors and colleagues. Due to the global impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) I am writing to inform you of the need for care and attention regarding welfare, hygiene and possible disruption during our builds.
Whilst we would normally encourage site discussions with our clients and working alongside other trades extraordinary times mean extraordinary measures and we would ask for cooperation during these difficult times.
Please may we ask following to be observed:
- Ascot teams are to be left to work on their own. Should other trades such as electrician/ground workers need access to the building, this is to be scheduled with the office to avoid crowded workspaces and unnecessary contact.
- Client interaction with teams to be via email or phone, details for the team will be available near to install time.
- Visitors/family members are to be respectful of site health and safety requirements.
- So many of our lovely clients offer refreshments to our teams, it is with regret, but we must say no thank you.
- Toilet Facilities, it will not be possible to use some in-house customer facilities due to risk. Should offered facilities not be suitable it may be necessary to hire a port aloo with hand washing facilities. Please contact the office for a guide cost.
- Family developments, quarantine and self-isolation are a real threat to anyone of us at any time. Where possible we will endeavour to ensure sites are kept running but we ask for your patience and understanding should there be an outbreak that needs to be controlled within our organisation. This could be at short notice and could have an impact on finishing time.
- Material/Supply Issue may become problematic as supplies in the UK are dwindling with no incoming shipments. This will be handled on a contract specific basis.
Thank you for working alongside us and we look forward to delivering and installing your building soon, even if with a little more social distance than usual.
Please do not hesitate to contact one our team here in the office if you have any questions,